NY and LA Production Listings

I had all new production listings in NY and LA a few days ago, but one of the trade papers made me take it down.

Its OK. I have other sources, plus it is usually open to the public if you do enough research.
So for now, as I'm copulating this information for us al, you can email me with any questions you may have about these productions and who is casting.

I must say though, I do not recommend blind mailing (just sending your headshots to casting without having the breakdown (characters they are casting)). It can get very costly and most likely go right into the garbage. But most importantly, NEVER, EVER put your personal information on the envelopes, headshots, resumes. You don't know who will get a hold of them. This is your personal info and it can end up on the wrong hands. Be smart. As an actor... you should be. It's tough out there.
(More info about being an actor and how people can get your address, phone number etc. on the net and how to protect yourself)

Oh and just a couple of days ago, I went to a commercial casting. A big, credible one, and as I was signing in, a couple of the casting directors... or maybe they were assistants, where making fun of a blind submitter they got. They were saying some things that I don't want to repeat, but most importantly when they said "how can someone send us this not knowing who they are sending it to? Full of personal information, you just don't do something like that!"

This is LA after all. Maybe this person did their homework. But you don't know where its going to end up. These people were just mean people. The insight is not meant to discourage you in any way. It's just a thought I felt sharing. But we all can get the point.

So check back. I'll have at least the ongoing PRIME TIME productions and casting info.

No one can give me a hard time for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Join me in my new adventure as an aspiring actress in Los Angeles

I'm Bianca, but you can call me Bee.

When I was moving to LA, I killed many hours doing research to simply figure out how to survive when I got here. I had hoped to find a one stop place for all my questions, constantly updated and with the help I needed for the sometimes-working actor. So I decided to start a community that can help us all grow together or those deciding to make the journey.

My promise is to always be honest about my experiences in the biz, with new updates and helpful links, education, books and things that I have put my hard earned money to get but should be shared with my buddies.


Look forward to hearing from all of you!

Losing my dress, always losing something

Losing my dress, always losing something

Visitors

Womens health
Womens health